What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Pharmacy Records? Is this typical?  (Read 2406 times)

Offline SBWeiss

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: Applicant
Pharmacy Records? Is this typical?
« on: December 18, 2013, 06:17:39 PM »
I was nominated in August and have been swirling around in the medical clearance process since then.  Every time I think I've fulfilled all the info requests, there's a new one.  I guess the protracted nature of the process isn't atypical (especially for a 59-year-old applicant) but it's frustrating nonetheless. 

The latest info request is "three years of pharmacy records".  I have no idea why they are asking this and I am concerned that it's not something they usually ask for.  Anyone have any insight?

Thanks.

Offline worldofinflation

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: PCV
Re: Pharmacy Records? Is this typical?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 09:19:08 PM »
I can't speak to your particular situation, but it took me nearly 8 months to get medically pre-cleared and I'm a perfectly healthy 22 yr old.

With that said, I wouldn't be concerned, the pc is incredibly prudent when it comes to the medical clearance process. My advice would be to speak to a pre-service nurse.  Sometimes you need to prod them a bit to learn specifics. While the bureaucracy can be frustrating, staying engaged is the best way to expedite the process.

Offline SBWeiss

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: Applicant
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 07:25:27 AM »
can you tell me how to "speak to a pre-service nurse"?  I have been communicating with them through the portal, but it's nameless and faceless and I don't know how to get connected to a real human being.  Is there a way to actually speak with someone?  How do I do that?

Offline worldofinflation

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: PCV
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 05:46:32 PM »
Unfortunately they will remain faceless until you receive Pre-clearence (I found out the name of my nurse from my placement officer).

I'd request a phone number through the portal.

Offline the boss

• Leading Member
  • PC Status: RPCV
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 09:02:45 PM »
Regarding talking to someone in medical; I did see this info somewhere on the internet...
  • You can email (pre-servicenurse@peacecorps.gov) or call a PC Pre-Service Nurse (1-855-855-1961, extension 4049) before applying if you're concerned about your specific medical condition
If you give it a try and it is a good number or email, let us know.

Offline PeaceCorps1

• Forum Champion
  • "Don't try to fine tune someone else's view"-Bush
  • PC Status: RPCV
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 04:11:37 AM »
If you have used different pharmacies you could pull 3 years of records from any one of them to give them what they need to (not) see.
"If it were not for the reporters, I'd tell you the truth"', President Chester A. Arthur