What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Legal Pre-Clearance  (Read 3581 times)

Offline Jeff

• Forum Hero
    • Doing it Twice
  • PC Status: RPCV
Legal Pre-Clearance
« on: December 20, 2013, 03:55:26 PM »
Hey all,

Just a quick question for those of you who have received your invites/pre-clearances.

I was just (finally) medically pre-cleared yesterday and just curious about how people found out about their legal pre-clearances.  I received an email from the legal office saying they received my kit about a month ago, but nothing since.  I've heard some people say that they never heard anything back from legal, but just simply from placement.  I'm curious!

As for my Applicant Portal, it still just says, "Nominated", though the status date did update yesterday....

I know we're all different in our processes, but just curious!

Thanks,
Jeff.
Jeff
RPCV - Ghana, 03-05
PCV - Macedonia, 15-17

Offline shawn

• Forum Champion
    • Pack.It.Up Adventures
Re: Legal Pre-Clearance
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 12:20:49 PM »
I had the same issue where to got to legal, and then heard back from placement. Granted, that was before the switch to medical pre- clearance and clearance. I would not worry too much; the process is supposed to test your patience.
PCVL - Rwanda 2010-2013
NPCA Serving Volunteer Advisory Council

Offline Jeff

• Forum Hero
    • Doing it Twice
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 12:44:23 PM »
Thanks for the response, shawn!

I actually finally just called the legal desk to see what's up, and the person who answered just pulled up my file, said, "looks good," and sent me my pre-clearance email then and there (I literally received it before I had hung up the phone).

So, now here's to waiting on placement!!! :)

And here's to hoping that my nomination country hasn't filled up yet (Moldova)!
Jeff
RPCV - Ghana, 03-05
PCV - Macedonia, 15-17

Offline cdillon8769

• Forum Champion
  • Be the change you want to see
  • PC Status: Applicant
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 08:23:45 AM »
Just heard for pre-legal clearance Christmas Eve. Look for an email just like for the medical clearance. From what I have heard from other PCV's and my own experience legal happens either with medical or after medical clearance.
Caroline
Invitee: Lesotho, Africa June 2014

"The ones crazy enough to believe that they can change the world, do" Steve Jobs

Offline TaraFoley

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: Applicant
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 05:45:27 PM »
I've been wondering about legal pre-clearance as well.

My packet was delivered on Dec. 26th (I know because of USPS tracking, I didn't get a confirmation from any Peace Corps office). How long does it usually take to get back about legal pre-clearance?

Thanks in advance!
Tara