Author Topic: Blogging website?  (Read 2661 times)

Offline Tyler

• Posting Member
    • Tyler en Costa Rica
  • PC Status: Applicant
Blogging website?
« on: October 31, 2013, 07:05:57 AM »
Figured I could start blogging soon. Anyone have a preference to what they use? I see a lot of people using WordPress and BlogSpot.
-Tyler, FPCV, Costa Rica

Offline Marion

• Administrator
  • Forum Champion
  • Botswana (2011-2013)
  • PC Status: RPCV
Re: Blogging website?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 12:05:54 PM »
I used Wordpress for our blog and liked it a lot.  It seemed pretty powerful, and was easy to use.

Here is a link to a post on my blog in which I made a few suggestions to future bloggers:   http://mobleyfamily.info/?p=5825

Best of luck
Marion
RPCV, Botswana (2011-2013)

Offline jlmanzak

• Leading Member
    • A Wandering Path Blog
  • PC Status: Applicant
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 04:00:11 PM »
I've heard some people say that one site or the other works better in different countries. See if you can find a blog from someone in your assigned country and see what they are using and how they feel about it. If you haven't been invited yet and are ready to start one already (kudos to you if you are! I'm still procrastinating that detail!) I would say pick one that has features you like to use and be ok with your choice! And post your site on here so we can all share!

Offline Amelia.Plant

• Leading Member
    • MASA
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 07:46:31 AM »
I used Blogger and it was great...very easy to use and even loaded photos with slow internet, which is key.
Amelia
RPCV, Botswana 2011-2013

Offline shawn

• Forum Champion
    • Pack.It.Up Adventures
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 09:31:40 AM »
WordPress and blogger are definitely the two most common. I use blogger, and I really like the fact that it allows for email updates, ie I can send my blog as an email to a special address, and blogger posts it as a blog. Makes it super easy when my internet is not fast enough to handle WordPress' or blogger's interface.

I would give both a shot. Create a blog layout and toss a basic post up on each. See which one you like better.
PCVL - Rwanda 2010-2013
NPCA Serving Volunteer Advisory Council