What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: communication assumption  (Read 1959 times)

Offline Stephanie Lynne

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: PCV
communication assumption
« on: February 03, 2014, 06:49:40 AM »
I'm assuming in addition to receiving an invite communicating you've been invited to join the Peace Corps...you'll also receive communication if they deem you aren't qualified for any positions available, correct?

Offline Jeff

• Forum Hero
    • Doing it Twice
  • PC Status: RPCV
Re: communication assumption
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 04:14:31 PM »
I believe so - in my experience with Peace Corps no communication is often a good sign, but can definitely be very frustrating.

Don't be afraid to contact your sector desk, I did a few times and I feel like it helped moved things along.

Good luck!
Jeff.
Jeff
RPCV - Ghana, 03-05
PCV - Macedonia, 15-17

Offline Stephanie Lynne

• Posting Member
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 02:46:22 AM »
Thank you so much! I don't want to be a nuisance so I might wait another couple weeks since I've already contacted them recently (thanks and nothing else being mentioned) with some updates.  I need to remember that no news is probably good news in this case, like you've said!

Offline cdillon8769

• Forum Champion
  • Be the change you want to see
  • PC Status: Applicant
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 04:56:01 PM »
I believe so - in my experience with Peace Corps no communication is often a good sign, but can definitely be very frustrating.

Don't be afraid to contact your sector desk, I did a few times and I feel like it helped moved things along.

Ditto to what Jeff said. I think no communication is a good thing. I do understand how frustrating it is not to hear anything though!
Caroline
Invitee: Lesotho, Africa June 2014

"The ones crazy enough to believe that they can change the world, do" Steve Jobs

Offline Jeff

• Forum Hero
    • Doing it Twice
  • PC Status: RPCV
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 07:34:06 PM »
And I managed once (maybe twice) to wait a whole week before I emailed!!! ;)

So, I think you don't need to wait a couple 'weeks' between emails.

I usually phrased my emails as, "just want to make sure you have everything you need."

Or something along those lines.

They also process applications by order of nomination date from what I was told.  I think I saw somewhere you had a September nomination?  That could be part of the wait as well (my nomination was June, and I received my placement questionnaire in January, then 3 weeks from submitting that to invite)...
Jeff
RPCV - Ghana, 03-05
PCV - Macedonia, 15-17

Offline Stephanie Lynne

• Posting Member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 03:55:24 AM »
Thanks for that information! Yes my nomination was for September so I figured it would be later on for other communications.  A couple days ago I actually received the questionnaire, which is what I was hoping would come soon.  It's good to have an idea of when the next communication can come from Placement.