What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Any way to check on passport status?  (Read 1475 times)

Offline gdabrowski

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: PCV
Any way to check on passport status?
« on: February 14, 2014, 12:56:38 AM »
Hi everyone! I'm leaving for PC in June (Panama, Sustainable Ag!). I submitted my passport application a few weeks ago, along with my current passport and so far I haven't heard anything. According to the UPS website the package was received but is that all the information I'm going to get?? What if it turns out that a month before I'm supposed to leave they don't have it on file because the envelope fell and got stuck behind the radiator or something??

For some reason I'm really concerned about this so if there's someone I can contact please let me know. I already tried CWTSATO by email twice and got no response. Should I call?

Offline saraweaves

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: Applicant
Re: Any way to check on passport status?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 12:22:38 AM »
Yes - call SATO, I tried email and leaving voicemails, didn't get any response, but once I got a live person on the line (which wasn't that hard, I just called back a few times), then they were very helpful and followed through with what they promised to do (send me my passport back so I could renew it before I left).

Offline Khaleesi

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: Applicant
Re: Any way to check on passport status?
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 03:49:49 PM »
I emailed sato@peacecorps.gov and received a response the next day from PCDocuments@cwtsatotravel.com. Try either of those emails if you hadn't already!