What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: How long should this take?!  (Read 2040 times)

Offline kittykat

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: Applicant
How long should this take?!
« on: February 26, 2014, 05:23:25 PM »
So this is my timeline so far,
Application Completed: July 10
Interview: October
Pre-Medical/Pre-Legal Clearance Given: December 15

And now, it's February 26 and I've still heard nothing.  They said it could take until March 15, I'm just frustrated because I keep seeing all these invites to the countries I was nominated for.  Originally nominated for Tanzania, Ghana, and Namibia and then I got an email beginning of February asking if I'd like to move up my leave date - um, of course.  So now I'm waiting on Guinea, Seirra Leone, and Liberia.

I know it's about patience, it's just hard when you're stuck at a crossroads and I don't know when I'm leaving or where.  It's hard to plan my life.

Offline cdillon8769

• Forum Champion
  • Be the change you want to see
Re: How long should this take?!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 04:23:50 PM »
*Hugs* been there. I understand how you feel. I know it's hard to remember just remember that will get here and March 15th is not so far away!
Caroline
Invitee: Lesotho, Africa June 2014

"The ones crazy enough to believe that they can change the world, do" Steve Jobs

Offline RPCVro

• Leading Member
  • PC Status: RPCV
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 08:08:30 PM »
It's hard not to know, but it's also important to keep in mind that around 50% of nominees end up in a different program than the one to which they were nominated. It's all based on what the program needs are at the time. What was the availability date you originally indicated? It's definitely frustrating. Things happen during the process. Right now, they're probably dealing with Ukraine being evacuated. Anyway, only about 2 more weeks. If they're talking to you now, they are definitely looking to get you placed soon! My timeline was pretty similar to yours, but I didn't hear a peep from Placement until the April after I applied (9 months), and now they give you at least 4 months' notice before your staging date, so you'll have plenty of time to make arrangements.

Offline cdillon8769

• Forum Champion
  • Be the change you want to see
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 08:59:40 AM »
oh and I learned "no news is good news" especially with PC.
Caroline
Invitee: Lesotho, Africa June 2014

"The ones crazy enough to believe that they can change the world, do" Steve Jobs

Offline wreloise

• Leading Member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 09:28:41 AM »
I understand the frustration. Hopefully, when you do receive your invitation, you will realize it was the right match for you.    :)
Eloise-Born to Serve