What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Order  (Read 2338 times)

Offline ksleo

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: Applicant
Order
« on: March 11, 2014, 03:46:05 PM »
I had a doctor fill out some paperwork for pre-medical clearance and turned in my fingerprints.  I never got any word related to either.

Placement emailed me last week and asked for an updated resume and some short answers.  Can I assume that I've passed pre-medical/legal or does one have nothing to do with the other?  It seems weird that things would move to placement if I'm not cleared.

Offline Stephanie Lynne

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: PCV
Re: Order
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 06:01:50 PM »
You're right, you've probably been cleared.  Check your application status on the volunteer portal.  You'll find more than likely it says legally pre cleared.

Offline RPCVro

• Leading Member
  • PC Status: RPCV
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 06:52:37 PM »
There's also a way to email the office, isn't there? To check to make sure your fingerprint cards were received or to request an extension? It's been years since I last applied, so I don't remember what that contact info is, but I'm sure it must be somewhere on the portal or in the legal kit they mailed you.

Offline ksleo

• Posting Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 08:46:18 PM »

I received confirmation when PC received the fingerprints, I just never received anything indicating I had been cleared.

I've checked the portal and everything looks exactly the same. It just says nominated.

I thought about emailing PC but don't want to  bother them. If I'm cleared, I'm cleared. If I'm not, I'm not.  I'm just curious.

Offline RetiredFed

• Leading Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 04:42:01 AM »
email them.  It's their job to keep you informed.

Offline shawn

• Forum Champion
    • Pack.It.Up Adventures
  • PC Status: RPCV
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 08:11:05 PM »
Agreed. Get it touch with whoever your contact is. I would email them first and ask for clarification. If you don't get anything after a bit, get in touch by phone. It may seem a bit drastic to call, but i assure you if you are straightforward and cordial it will not effect your eligibility.
PCVL - Rwanda 2010-2013
NPCA Serving Volunteer Advisory Council

Offline ksleo

• Posting Member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 08:09:43 AM »
Broke down and contacted placement.  They said that I'm not pre-medically cleared yet and that I should contact Medical.  Contacted Medical and they said the information has yet to be reviewed. 

I had optimistically assumed that since Placement contacted me, I was moving along.  It looks like I'm going to miss the 4 month invitation deadline since the program I've been nominated for leaves at the end of July.