What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: new application system?  (Read 1490 times)

Offline lumalums

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: Applicant
new application system?
« on: March 20, 2014, 01:55:33 PM »
Hey guys!

So I've been hearing a lot about this new application system lately and just wanted to see if any of you had clarified it at all. I received my nomination about two weeks ago, and just mailed off my legal packet - I'm just curious. Why was I nominated to a specific country (Vanuatu! WOOT!)? How are timelines changing with this new system? Has the likelihood of being invited to your nominated country changed at all with this system?

Gaaaahhhh I can't stop thinking about this and looking at blogs and stalking and I'm RAS RAS RAS RAS. k. thanks for your help!

Sarah

Re: new application system?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 10:47:43 PM »
There are a lot of factors that go into an invitation, and the recruiter's nomination is an important factor.

Some of the factors are outside of your control (programmatic changes, for example). Other factors, such as getting all of your paperwork in on time, responding quickly to requests for information, are within your control.

The best way to enhance your own chances of getting invited to the country that you've been nominated to is to continue building your skill set. Keep getting volunteer/work experience related to the program for which you were nominated, so that when you are compared to other candidates who have been nominated to the same program, you are as competitive as you can be for service.

Offline SmithNB21

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: Applicant
Re: new application system?
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 02:36:30 PM »
Hey guys!

So I've been hearing a lot about this new application system lately and just wanted to see if any of you had clarified it at all. I received my nomination about two weeks ago, and just mailed off my legal packet - I'm just curious. Why was I nominated to a specific country (Vanuatu! WOOT!)? How are timelines changing with this new system? Has the likelihood of being invited to your nominated country changed at all with this system?

Gaaaahhhh I can't stop thinking about this and looking at blogs and stalking and I'm RAS RAS RAS RAS. k. thanks for your help!

Lumalums I sent you a private message if you haven't seen it yet. Looking forward to hearing back from you.