What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Waiting for an invitation  (Read 1821 times)

Offline catie

• Posting Member
    • The Mountain Kingdom - Lesotho Peace Corps
  • PC Status: Applicant
Waiting for an invitation
« on: April 25, 2014, 02:57:33 PM »
Hello! I am currently playing the waiting game, waiting for an invite. I was nominated in October for Tanzania Education in early July. As July draws nearer though I'm thinking I probably will be pushed back a little bit. What do you think?
I received a follow up questionnaire from my PO last week so hopefully I'm close?? Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Offline Jeff

• Forum Hero
    • Doing it Twice
  • PC Status: RPCV
Re: Waiting for an invitation
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 06:30:37 PM »
Usually Peace Corps has to invite you no less than 4 months out from the staging date...so at this point you are looking at late August departures at the earliest.  They do this so you have time for final medical clearance, visa application, and Peace Corps passport application.

My nomination was for June, but my invitation was for August.

Of course, PC is always changing their process, so its possible that could have changed also.
Jeff
RPCV - Ghana, 03-05
PCV - Macedonia, 15-17

Offline RPCVro

• Leading Member
  • PC Status: RPCV
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 03:19:52 PM »
There is still absolutely a 4 month minimum notification deadline, unless it's a special circumstance like Ukraine or Azerbaijan when your training class was canceled before departure (but you already had done all the prep work and were ready for a departure).  Dead line is passed for July...and if you didn't get invited to that program, it could depend on when you got all your pre-clearance stuff finalized. They should be looking at September, October, and November right now (but I think only one program departs in November?). If you got the follow-up questionnaire, then you're at the stage of assessment for invitation. Just hang in there a little longer!

Offline catie

• Posting Member
    • The Mountain Kingdom - Lesotho Peace Corps
  • PC Status: Applicant
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 03:21:03 PM »
Thanks for the input! I feel better knowing I'll have some time between my invitation and my leave date.