What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Prophylaxis Dream  (Read 1285 times)

Offline richard88

• Regular-NoSig
  • Posting Member
  • PC Status: Friend
Prophylaxis Dream
« on: May 19, 2014, 09:24:17 PM »
Can we get a thread going of the weirdest dreams you had while taking malaria prophylaxis? I'm excited/nervous/terrified of what I'm going to dream.

Offline Marion

• Administrator
  • Forum Champion
  • Botswana (2011-2013)
  • PC Status: RPCV
Re: Prophylaxis Dream
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 08:59:25 AM »
The crazy dreams are a side effect of only one of the Malaria drugs (Mefloquine).  You may be taking Mefloquine, but there are others offered that don't have that side effect.

In my case I took Mefloquine with no problems.  I did have very vivid dreams, especially at first, and I kind of enjoyed it.  I had friends who had nightmares and it was not so fun for them -- they usually switched to another drug.

There is another thread on malaria medications that you might enjoy:  http://peacecorpsforum.com/index.php?topic=173.msg560#msg560

Marion
RPCV, Botswana (2011-2013)

Offline Jeff

• Forum Hero
    • Doing it Twice
  • PC Status: RPCV
Re: Prophylaxis Dream
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 10:49:31 AM »
I also had some very vivid dreams, but no nightmares.  Some of them were pretty fun in their own way, like the dream where I had to fight off a Tie Fighter attack and wend my way through an asteroid field in my trusty X-Wing in order to get back to the clinic at site before my counterpart returned from vacation......

Jeff
RPCV - Ghana, 03-05
PCV - Macedonia, 15-17