What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Invitations  (Read 27861 times)

Offline katrebhood

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: Applicant
Invitations
« on: June 12, 2014, 10:38:40 AM »
I'm curious as to how often people get invited to the countries they were nominated for, so I'd love to hear from people that have already served or received invitations. I understand that everyone does not receive a nomination for a specific country and I have no idea as to why this might be. I also understand that the application process is going through major changes and that will most likely have an affect on things. I received a nomination just last week to Zambia for June 2015 and I am driving myself crazy trying to figure our whether or not I'll be invited there or somewhere else. I'm thinking that invitations are going to be sent out earlier now since all legal and medical clearance (unless you require premedical clearance) will be done after you receive an invitation, but that's just my theory.

Offline SmithNB21

• Posting Member
Re: Invitations
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 06:42:33 PM »
My wife and I are in the same boat. We were nominated back in March for Vanuatu (leaving 1/15), and now are awaiting an invite.
From what I have gathered, and what our recruiter has said, unless we hear otherwise, assume the nomination country is where you're going.....I'm telling myself to believe it when I actually see it.

Offline travellove09

• Posting Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 08:31:12 AM »
I was nominated 12/13 for Kenya (departing 9/14) and received an invitation for Ghana (departing 02/15) 6/14.

Offline Sandy M

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: Friend
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 09:27:42 AM »
Hi,
I was nominated in February, 2014 for Uganda departing November, 2014 and received my invitation to Uganda in May! 

Offline catie

• Posting Member
    • The Mountain Kingdom - Lesotho Peace Corps
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 06:08:46 PM »
I was nominated for Tanzania early November 2014 to leave July 2014. May 2nd I was invited to Lesotho leaving October 2014.

Offline hcharper

• Posting Member
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 10:37:47 AM »
Im in the same situation! Nominated for Vanuatu 1/15. I think we just all have to be patient... although its very nerve-wracking!

Offline ncdesertprincess

• Posting Member
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 05:38:53 PM »
I was nominated in May for March 2015 Community Economic Development in Mexico. I had medical pre-clearance forms that I completed June 20th and the PC Medical Nurses are currently working on all 2014 medical clearances.

I hope that helps.

LittleJo

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2014, 04:14:44 PM »
I was nominated to Ukraine and served there the first time around. This time I was nominated to Indonesia and am invited to serve in Albania. Stop worrying! Just go where they send you...I promise you won't be disappointed!!