What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Do you ususally go to the country you are "under consideration"?  (Read 5922 times)

Offline agibbs93

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: Applicant
I recently received an email stating I was being considered for placement. Do you usually get sent to the country you are being considered for, or does that change often? I am beyond pumped about the country, so I really want to be placed there.

They said I would get an interview between October and March.

MARCH. I really don't know if I can wait that long...yikes.

Thank you for any info you might have!

missmouse

Re: Do you ususally go to the country you are "under consideration"?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 05:02:41 PM »
Hmmm...not sure if I understand you correctly. If you have not yet had an interview, I believe you would be referring to a NOMINATION...not a placement. You will hear from the placement office after your interview and nomination. Placement can be different than nomination. In my experience, the first time I went into service, I was placed in the same country in which I was nominated. The second time I was nominated for one country and placed in another. Don't be afraid to tell the placement officer that you would really like to go to where you were nominated. You may not get it but then again, you may! It can't hurt to ask.

Offline Jeff

• Forum Hero
    • Doing it Twice
  • PC Status: RPCV
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 04:03:01 PM »
LittleJo - they changed the process significantly from when we first went through it.  There are no more nominations and all steps post-application and pre-invite is done through placement, including the interview.

"Under consideration" means that you are being considered for a specific spot in a specific job in a specific country along with others that have been selected to 'advance' to this stage.  You will most likely get an interview (although that's not guaranteed) by placement, and then, if they select you, an invitation.

My understanding from placement is that they put more people under consideration than actually get invited, so to answer the original question, no, it's not guaranteed.  IF you get an invite, it will be for that country; there's a chance (from stories I've heard, no specific info from PC itself), that if you are competitive for but don't get the invite, that you can be offered to switch to another country to be considered for.

Jeff.

P.S. - I just realized that this is a bit of an older question, but I already typed! ;)
Jeff
RPCV - Ghana, 03-05
PCV - Macedonia, 15-17

fishman

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 03:47:34 PM »
The answer is No for me. I was nominated for a position that leaves January of next year. I then got an email a few weeks later saying that post is full and the next possible placement is next year. Bummer. I was all ready to go and thinking about that country to to the point of obsessing :-)

LittleJo

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 04:48:23 PM »
LittleJo - they changed the process significantly from when we first went through it.  There are no more nominations and all steps post-application and pre-invite is done through placement, including the interview.

"Under consideration" means that you are being considered for a specific spot in a specific job in a specific country along with others that have been selected to 'advance' to this stage.  You will most likely get an interview (although that's not guaranteed) by placement, and then, if they select you, an invitation.

My understanding from placement is that they put more people under consideration than actually get invited, so to answer the original question, no, it's not guaranteed.  IF you get an invite, it will be for that country; there's a chance (from stories I've heard, no specific info from PC itself), that if you are competitive for but don't get the invite, that you can be offered to switch to another country to be considered for.

Jeff.

P.S. - I just realized that this is a bit of an older question, but I already typed! ;)

Oy Jeff!  I stand corrected here. Thanks for the information!

Offline ncdesertprincess

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: Applicant
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 07:19:11 PM »
I was under consideration for the country that I was invited and accepted.

Offline shanna

• Leading Member
    • This Alien Shore
  • PC Status: PCV
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2015, 04:39:50 AM »
I was under consideration for a country that is suspended now. I was then placed under consideration for a difference country and invited.