What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Consideration  (Read 1970 times)

Offline ciara07

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: Applicant
Consideration
« on: November 04, 2014, 05:05:54 AM »
I got an email stating that I was placed under consideration for a certain location. It stated where and when everything will take place. My question is if you are placed under consideration does that mean you're more likely to get an invite?

Offline shanna

• Leading Member
    • This Alien Shore
  • PC Status: PCV
Re: Consideration
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 10:12:26 AM »
The system only allows you to be under consideration for one country at a time, so this is the country you are likely to be invited to. If you don't get an invite by the posted date then you can be switched to a new country or could be asked to resubmit your application. Which makes it pretty nerve wracking to be under consideration for a competitive program. :(

Offline RPCVro

• Leading Member
  • PC Status: RPCV
Re: Consideration
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 09:51:09 AM »
I got an email stating that I was placed under consideration for a certain location. It stated where and when everything will take place. My question is if you are placed under consideration does that mean you're more likely to get an invite?

The under consideration email is just a heads up to let you know where your application is at. It's PC's attempt to be more transparent. Being under consideration in general does not make you more likely to get an invite since anyone who's 18, has a degree (or will be graduating soon), and can leave within the next year or so gets put under consideration.  You're at the point now where they'll start evaluating you to see if you've got the qualifications/experiences that are needed, desired, and/or competitive compared to other applicants.

If they decide to interview you, the next steps after that will generally be an invite, or a wait list invite, or a rejection. IF they think you could be good for a different country/position (usually a place that actively needs people) you MIGHT be routed there instead.