What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Early COS  (Read 2437 times)

Offline PeaceCorps1

• Forum Champion
  • "Don't try to fine tune someone else's view"-Bush
  • PC Status: RPCV
Early COS
« on: December 22, 2014, 03:14:48 AM »
Those who did this (up to 30 days before scheduled COS), was there any penalty to your NCE, pay or status?
"If it were not for the reporters, I'd tell you the truth"', President Chester A. Arthur

Offline shawn

• Forum Champion
    • Pack.It.Up Adventures
Re: Early COS
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 05:13:49 AM »
None for me.

I should note that I extended a 3rd year and then changed my COS date back by 29 days from the new date, but from my understanding so long as you get the form filled out for a proper change of COS date, you still actually COS. That's what drives the determination for things like NCE status etc.

You're RA will reflect the number of months (and pro-rated days) you are a volunteer, regardless of how you left.
PCVL - Rwanda 2010-2013
NPCA Serving Volunteer Advisory Council

Offline PeaceCorps1

• Forum Champion
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 01:16:04 PM »
None for me.

I should note that I extended a 3rd year and then changed my COS date back by 29 days from the new date, but from my understanding so long as you get the form filled out for a proper change of COS date, you still actually COS. That's what drives the determination for things like NCE status etc.

You're RA will reflect the number of months (and pro-rated days) you are a volunteer, regardless of how you left.

RA? Thanks
"If it were not for the reporters, I'd tell you the truth"', President Chester A. Arthur

Offline shawn

• Forum Champion
    • Pack.It.Up Adventures
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 01:43:23 PM »
Readjustment Allowance
PCVL - Rwanda 2010-2013

Offline PeaceCorps1

• Forum Champion
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 06:27:19 PM »
None for me.

I am sorry. I read it as, "you are" RA instead of 'your RA' so my mind went in a totally different direction. Thanks.

Offline Jeff

• Forum Hero
    • Doing it Twice
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 06:29:54 AM »
Mentioned this in the other thread...but I left a week or so early (along with a couple other volunteers) for a CoS trip.

We had no issues leaving up to 30 days early and it was considered the same as any other CoS with no impact on anything.  Beyond 30 days we needed to get special permission from the Country Director, but as long as you had that permission you received the full benefits for your time and the "RPCV" title without penalty.
Jeff
RPCV - Ghana, 03-05
PCV - Macedonia, 15-17

Offline shawn

• Forum Champion
    • Pack.It.Up Adventures
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 06:34:35 AM »
oop, yep that would be my bad grammar....
PCVL - Rwanda 2010-2013