What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Peace Corps Interview Delay  (Read 2421 times)

Offline AdrianConrad

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: Applicant
Peace Corps Interview Delay
« on: January 09, 2015, 09:14:48 AM »
Greetings, friends. I have been invited to interview for a position in Ethiopia. I was sent a link to schedule a meeting on Doodle. I did this, making a mistake by accidentally submitting it 2-3 times (did not think it went through the first time when it really did). Anyway, the days I selected as best for me are for next week. With this coming up and no word yet back from Peace Corps, I am wondering if I should send an e-mail or select a date further back. I don't wish to appear to be nagging or rude, but I also do not want to be forgotten. Does anyone have any advice?

Best regards,
Adrian

Edit: One thing that I forgot to mention is that I sent htem a message almost two weeks ago about the mistake of signing up for multiple dates. They replied and told me that they would be sending me information on my interview at a later date.

Offline koji

• Forum Hero
    • Transitions in the East
  • PC Status: RPCV
Re: Peace Corps Interview Delay
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 12:49:09 PM »
It rarely hurts to send an email. :) Just be polite and it won't seem like nagging.

Offline ncdesertprincess

• Posting Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 07:25:16 AM »
Great advice!  I would send an email to confirm you date/time. Best of luck to you!...

Offline AdrianConrad

• Posting Member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 08:31:31 AM »
One thing that I forgot to mention is that I sent them a message almost two weeks ago about the mistake of signing up for multiple dates. They replied and told me that they would be sending me information on my interview at a later date.  Does this change anything or should I still contact them via e-mail?

Thanks for the replies, guys!

Offline PeaceCorps1

• Forum Champion
  • "Don't try to fine tune someone else's view"-Bush
  • PC Status: RPCV
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 12:01:08 AM »
They have a job to do--to get good applicants. They need you. Do not see it as annoying them but as helping them fill their quota!
"If it were not for the reporters, I'd tell you the truth"', President Chester A. Arthur

Offline AdrianConrad

• Posting Member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 04:03:35 PM »
Thanks guys. Thy contacted me this morning to tell me that they could interview me this afternoon! The squeaky wheel gets the oil, I suppose. Anyways, I just had the interview. It went on about eighty minutes. Overall it was good, and I feel that I have a lot of the qualifications that they would like in the position (Ethiopia). We will see how it goes.  :)