What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: The "under consideration" stage is killing me  (Read 8841 times)

Offline OrbanTN

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: Applicant
The "under consideration" stage is killing me
« on: January 19, 2015, 09:53:24 PM »
Anyone else stuck in this stage? I got the under consideration email about a month ago (Morocco September 2015) and I havenít heard anything yet. Looking at peopleís timelines they say they have usually heard back by now. I talked to my references and they told me they havenít got anything from the PC. I also talked to a recruiter who said I would be quite competitive. Not knowing is killing me and with my graduation coming up soon I am stuck between a rock and a hard spot in whether to start going after jobs. Any advice? Anyone in the same boat?

Offline akiramd12

• Posting Member
    • Let Chan Tell It
Re: The "under consideration" stage is killing me
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 12:22:02 AM »
I'm an invitee for the Tanzania program leaving in July and I remember the feeling. There was a 2 and a half month gap between my consideration email and my interview email. You can always call the office if you want to make sure you haven't been lost in the process. I called them probably over a month in (november-ish) telling them that "I'm checking to follow-up that my application is in order to make sure there aren't any delays" and they told me that the reason why I hadn't heard anything was because the interviews for Tanzania weren't due to begin until early December.

If you need any tips for once you get the interview, check out my blog post below :)
https://letchantellit.wordpress.com/the-peace-corps-interview/

Good Luck!!  ;D
Chantel
Science Education Invitee
Tanzania - July 2015

Offline Jeff

• Forum Hero
    • Doing it Twice
  • PC Status: RPCV
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 07:22:27 PM »
I just received my invite to interview (that's what they called it!) today....2 months and 2 days after being placed under consideration.

So there's definitely still time!
Jeff
RPCV - Ghana, 03-05
PCV - Macedonia, 15-17

Offline jonstan

• Posting Member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 08:38:52 PM »
I had a 2.5 month gap between nomination (under old system) and invitation. I know it can be very stressful, but patience is key with everything and especially the Peace Corps! It looks like your know-by date isn't until March, so hang in there! Best of luck!
Georgia '15

Offline jonstan

• Posting Member
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 08:42:27 PM »
I had a 2.5 month gap between nomination (under old system) and invitation. I know it can be very stressful, but patience is key with everything and especially the Peace Corps! It looks like your know-by date isn't until March, so hang in there! Best of luck!
Also, I would suggest that you keep applying for jobs other than Peace Corps. I am medically and legally cleared and scheduled to leave in April, but I'm still applying for jobs just in case. It's always good to have a back-up plan
Georgia '15

Offline jamo_neer

• Posting Member
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 08:46:01 PM »
I'm at a similar point, but my question is with regards to how quick I received my "under consideration" message. Within a week of filling out the first application I received an email for being "under consideration" for Cameroon, September 15, 2015. My question is, does it usually happen that quickly, and could it be that West Africa is a tough sell?

Offline Jenny

• Leading Member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 09:50:44 PM »
@jamo_neer
My under consideration message happened even quicker. I'm not saying that to brag or gloat because after that things moved slow. I got my under consideration message within maybe 2-3 days. I have had my interview and am now waiting on an invite. 2 weeks of invite waiting so far, however my country; Ukraine, is supposedly awaiting clearance from the State Department still.
So I don't think your under consideration message was too quick. Sounds about right to me.
Good luck in the process.

Offline jamo_neer

• Posting Member
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 05:20:16 PM »
@jenny
Awesome, thanks for the feedback. Now I'm just waiting for the interview to take place next week. Ukraine?? Sounds like a great journey, best of luck, and hopefully you get the go ahead soon!

Cheers

Offline NinaCWW

• Posting Member
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 03:57:05 PM »
I too am in the "under consideration stage" but my wait has been a little bit longer.  I received the consideration email January 22, for August 2015 service in Armenia, and have been waiting anxiously ever since.  I know it has only been about a month but I am still getting a bit nervous and downtrodden due to the waiting.  I know some of you volunteers have said it was quite a wait before you received an interview but others have said that they received an invitation to interview right away.  I have taken advice from here and emailed but I have not received a response from both the recruiter or the placement group. The know date is March 15 and it is already halfway through February.

Should I email again or should I just leave it and wait.  I do not want to be perceived as being to eager or pushy.  I would appreciate any advice that anyone has.  I hope everyone is well.

Best,
Nina

Offline balkandina

• Leading Member
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 05:09:54 PM »
I so understand this feeling. I received a very quick under consideration and interview-maybe not so many people are interested in Ukraine-and now have to wait to see if the program is still a go  :-\ I followed up with my interviewer because I am concerned I will be too late for my second and third choices if Ukraine doesn't come through. I really do want Ukraine, but I am also willing to go anywhere. My interviewer said that they were running slow and that the end of Feb would be early for a Mar 15 deadline. Best of luck!!