What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: What is "under consideration"?  (Read 3203 times)

Offline hgsch

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: Applicant
What is "under consideration"?
« on: January 21, 2015, 01:42:07 PM »
This seems to be a very common topic and yet I am having a lot of trouble just figuring out what it means. I think the application process changes have contributed to the confusion. I received an email saying I am under consideration for Jordan (!!!!!) in October 2015 and that I would be contacted in the coming months. What does under consideration mean? Is it a nomination? I know I have yet to interview, but I am just wondering how much stock to place in this possible placement. Any thoughts? Experiences? Any information is welcome, thanks all!

Offline Jeff

• Forum Hero
    • Doing it Twice
  • PC Status: RPCV
Re: What is "under consideration"?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 07:20:01 PM »
In essence, Under Consideration means that you have been placed in the pool of candidates to be evaluated for a specific country and position.  PC has found something you 'match' (although I've heard of a lot of people being placed under consideration for something they did not feel they were competitive for), and will then take a closer look and decide if you are competitive enough within that pool of applicants for that specific slot to be invited for interview.

It seems to me based on anecdotal evidence that most people who are placed under consideration are, if selected to interview, interviewed for that position and/or country, but that there are a number of people who have not received an interview request, but instead received another email later on saying they were now under consideration for a different country.

It took me 2 months to get the interview request after being placed under consideration, but it was for the same position I was under consideration for.

Jeff
RPCV - Ghana, 03-05
PCV - Macedonia, 15-17

Offline Steve S

• Leading Member
  • PC Status: RPCV
Re: What is "under consideration"?
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 12:10:52 PM »
The next group of applicants will begin training  to go to Jordan in October. You will be interviewed soon, and might want to think about your current schedule and the changing situation in that area of the world?
Steve