What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Peace Corps Legal Kit  (Read 4230 times)

Offline AdrianConrad

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: Applicant
Peace Corps Legal Kit
« on: February 18, 2015, 12:46:31 PM »
Hey guys! I am so happy, I have been selected as an invitee for the Ethiopia program (departure date, June 29). I have spent hte last two weeks get medical tests done and completing every Peace Corps form that I can find. The problem is that - 19 days after they told me that my legal kit had been sent - it still has not arrived. I have sent two e-mails to Peace Corps about this and left a voice message on the Peace Corps Legal Department's answering machine. No response from either (these all happened in the last six days). Is this normal or should I be doing something else?

Thanks,
Conrad

Offline akiramd12

• Posting Member
    • Let Chan Tell It
Re: Peace Corps Legal Kit
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 06:11:49 PM »
Mine took a really long time to come too. Peace Corps has tracking so they will be aware of when it arrives so they won't penalize you if you don't have it done yet. If you're really concerned though, you can always just email the legal team to get a follow up. The PC staff are really helpful.

Good Luck!
Chantel
Science Education Invitee
Tanzania - July 2015

Offline AdrianConrad

• Posting Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 10:37:22 AM »
Thanks a lot for the advice. Likewise, thanks to all of the people who sent me messages.  Got my legal kit and am rushing to get it in (I leave by June 29, so I hope there is enough time...).

Offline balkandina

• Leading Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 03:18:40 PM »
Not to sound dumb- but what exactly is the Legal Kit??

Offline Jeff

• Forum Hero
    • Doing it Twice
  • PC Status: RPCV
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 06:20:46 PM »
Fingerprint cards and background check paper.
Jeff
RPCV - Ghana, 03-05
PCV - Macedonia, 15-17

Offline AdrianConrad

• Posting Member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 11:01:57 AM »
I got it in 3 weeks ago! Definitely feel like a weight was lifted off of my chest there!

Offline Jeff

• Forum Hero
    • Doing it Twice
  • PC Status: RPCV
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 11:20:01 AM »
The funny thing is, at least according to a legal admin I talked to at PC, is that they don't even actually run you through NCIC or anything until 6 weeks (or was it 60 days??) prior to staging.  So there really is no rush to get it in like they make it sound!  Although, I guess that if you have something showing, the sooner the better so you can submit explanations!

I used to run these kinds of checks myself, and it literally takes minutes to get a return when you run someone (or even faster).
Jeff
RPCV - Ghana, 03-05
PCV - Macedonia, 15-17

Offline shanna

• Leading Member
    • This Alien Shore
  • PC Status: PCV
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 03:39:25 AM »

I used to run these kinds of checks myself, and it literally takes minutes to get a return when you run someone (or even faster).

Good to hear! I wrote my SSN wrong on mine and didn't know until months later. But I still have three months to go!