What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Soft Skills Questionnaire  (Read 4721 times)

Offline mk1615

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: Applicant
Soft Skills Questionnaire
« on: March 03, 2015, 01:36:29 PM »
My husband and I applied, finished our health history forms and our assignment selection forms on January 12, 2015. On January 20, we were placed under consideration for a program departing September 2015 with a March 15 'know by' date.

When we applied I don't remember seeing a "Soft Skills Questionnaire" on the website's application guideline and we never received an email to complete one. We have not heard anything since our under consideration email on January 20, so I'm wondering if we somehow missed filling out this questionnaire.

Has anyone filled out this Soft Skills Questionnaire under the new system? If so, when did it come in relation to your under consideration emails and invite to interview emails?

We're getting pretty close to the date and I'm concerned that this might be why we haven't heard anything.

Offline Jeff

• Forum Hero
    • Doing it Twice
  • PC Status: RPCV
Re: Soft Skills Questionnaire
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 07:44:45 AM »
My understanding is that this is a brand new part of the application process, and that if you applied prior to the end of February you wouldn't get one.

I think the date I read was Feb. 25.....

Jeff
RPCV - Ghana, 03-05
PCV - Macedonia, 15-17

Offline mk1615

• Posting Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 07:56:07 AM »
You're right, I got a confirmation from our placement officer this morning that the questionnaire will only be used on applicants going forward. Thanks!

Offline balkandina

• Leading Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 11:47:57 PM »
I just finished my reapplication after having been under consideration for Ukraine, which was unfortunately not reapproved by the State Department. This time I got the Soft Skills Questionnaire along with the Medical Application. It was a bit odd, but interesting. Does anyone know how Peace Corps will use this in making decisions for assignments? Thanks!!

Offline shawn

• Forum Champion
    • Pack.It.Up Adventures
  • PC Status: RPCV
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 09:30:47 PM »
In general, getting an invite to serve involves you (or rather, your application) going through several 'filters.' When you apply your name goes into the pool of possible candidates (with the new system, for that specific post). When it come to actually choosing who will go, they will filter the pool down by a variety of things, like educational background, relate-able experience,volunteerism, etc. The best rise to the top of the pool and are more likely to be chosen sooner.

Along with that 'hard' data, the placement team looks at things like what your references said about you and, now, what you said on your Soft Skills Questionnaire. These final things, along with interviews etc, are used to get a feel for who you are and weather you are 'right' for the program.

PCVL - Rwanda 2010-2013
NPCA Serving Volunteer Advisory Council

Offline Nana

• Posting Member
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 03:55:28 PM »
Concerning the Soft Skills Questionaire, what counts?
What matters more, the speed or the choices we made??
Just wondering.......

Offline amanda_pearl

• Forum Champion
  • Cambodia CHE 2016-2018
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 02:03:40 PM »
Nana, it hadn't even occurred to me that they might take speed into account.