What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: my wife and i have to start over due to a glitch  (Read 2106 times)

Offline viper1152005

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: Applicant
my wife and i have to start over due to a glitch
« on: March 18, 2015, 06:36:24 PM »
So my story started with going to college so we could serve, pat on the back for us. Then before graduation about 2 years ago we met with a recruiter and got i interviewed,  background. Checked, medically pre-cleared, then was told we didn't make the window for nomination in dec by 2 weeks.     So then we get nominated for botswana and after a long while we are told we were not picked because our application was set to inactive..............omg......    So now we're at the 2 1/2 year mark.   We have been emailed like 2 times from recruiters over the course of this and have had to pester anyone with an available email even to get that....  No one wants to take charge of our case and the only answer we can get is from the other coasts (east) recruiter and that was to reapply..... WHY can't this get resolved..... No-one has emailed us back..... I feel like a life boat that's been cut loose and cast adrift at sea............ What should we do?        Do we subject ourselves to the "process" again........ Why is there no way to get ahold of an official...im So lost people..... I just wanted to serve in the peacecorps and institutional barriers seem to be choking the life out of me.

Offline viper1152005

• Posting Member
Re: my wife and i have to start over due to a glitch
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 06:51:51 PM »
The best part of my story is that during our initial meeting with our assigned recruiter he told us in a insulting manner that we had nothing to offer peace corps. Flash forward and we submit our app and interview and he is ecstatic and didn't remember us... He nominates us... Goes on vacation for 3 months and blam miss maldova... Then he drops off the planet and doesnt get back to us.... After calling over and over we are given a number for another person who assured us we were under way.. Then the application was frozen for no reason.... We were assured our app would be active until placed.... Aka lied to..... We feel so cast aside and i know if we reapply that same recruiter that made a mess of this will be in charge again and it makes me cry.... I have so much to give the corps and wonder...why.....

Offline balkandina

• Leading Member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 10:19:12 PM »
One good thing is the new application takes about an hour to fill out. Maybe some of your medical, etc..will still work? I suggest taking a deep breath, filling it out and just start fresh.

Offline koji

• Forum Hero
    • Transitions in the East
  • PC Status: RPCV
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 12:35:20 AM »
I am not 100% sure, but I believe that recruiters are subject to the same time limitations at their post as overseas staff- 30 months initially, with a possibility to extend to 5 years. If this recruiter is as inefficient as you say, it is likely that their contract will be up soon and you will be working with a new recruiter to get placed...

Offline Jeff

• Forum Hero
    • Doing it Twice
  • PC Status: RPCV
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 10:38:19 AM »
It might also make a difference as the recruiters are no longer in charge of placing volunteers.  There is no more 'nomination' process where the recruiters get to refer you to a position.  Everything is done by the Placement Office now, and by you, as you get to select which specific positions to apply for.
Jeff
RPCV - Ghana, 03-05
PCV - Macedonia, 15-17