What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Problems with Application  (Read 1635 times)

Offline kelly1234

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: Applicant
Problems with Application
« on: March 22, 2015, 02:48:09 PM »
Hey, I am an undergraduate student writing a paper about the change in application process for the Peace Corps. I was wondering if anybody could tell me problems they had with the application prior to the changes or for anyone who filled out the new application what their experience was like completing it.

Offline balkandina

• Leading Member
Re: Problems with Application
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 08:52:45 PM »
I started the old application a few years ago and found it more than daunting. I felt overwhelmed by a lot of it, since I am an older applicant and have lots of work experience. The new one is nearly too simple- you forget that they are going to need all that info in the long run- but at least you know you will actually be in line for a real position when you are finished.

Offline klh720

• Posting Member
Re: Problems with Application
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 02:00:42 PM »
I applied last May under the old system, was interviewed in July, nominated in Sept.  Then I was asked to pick 3 countries and was invited in Nov. to the wait list for one of them.  So I was a "hybrid" applicant.  I completed all the medical, legal, passport, etc. and was told today I would not be invited from the wait list.  although I completed all medical tasks in Jan., I got no response until recently, asking for more information and did not get medically cleared until last Friday. (I have no medical issues.)  I felt a little jerked around and will probably not re-apply.