What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Ukraine reopened?  (Read 4815 times)

Offline balkandina

• Leading Member
  • PC Status: Applicant
Ukraine reopened?
« on: April 28, 2015, 09:33:13 PM »
I saw a post on reddit which seemed to intimate that Ukraine had been reopened for October 2015? Has anyone been accepted? I was UC  for Ukraine July 2015, had a great interview and was told I would be highly recommended, then when the country was closed ( the day the applications closed) I was told I had to reapply, although I might not need another interview. I am now UC for Thailand Jan 2016. Very curious if I should be nicely  and not too pushily be contacting the Ukraine office?

Offline shawn g

• Leading Member
Re: Ukraine reopened?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 03:38:40 AM »
Yes Ukraine is re-opened for october 2015. I can't remember where i saw it, but i know of one person who i believe received an invite. Don't quote me on that. Definitely do try contacting the Ukraine country desk. It wouldn't hurt. Whatever you decide to do, good luck

Offline Jeff

• Forum Hero
    • Doing it Twice
  • PC Status: RPCV
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 07:06:29 AM »
I've also heard rumors that they are looking at people to go to Ukraine later in the year...if you really are interested in it, there's nothing wrong with contacting placement and letting them know of your interest.  They'll let you know if it is or isn't happening (at least at this point; as you know, it can always change), and be able to get in touch with the Ukraine placement officer to see if they can switch you.

Good luck!
Jeff
RPCV - Ghana, 03-05
PCV - Macedonia, 15-17

Offline balkandina

• Leading Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 06:42:40 PM »
I emailed the Ukraine desk and they confirmed it is being reopened in October. A few minutes later I was switched from Thailand UC back to Ukraine UC, which I already interviewed for and the closing date is June 1  :) It's all an interesting ride !!

Offline Jenny

• Leading Member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 08:13:04 PM »
That is great news balkandina! I know you were really hoping for that post. Good luck, and keep us updated.

Offline severni_zazvor

• Posting Member
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 04:35:37 PM »
Hi all,

I was also initially UC for Ukraine departing in July. When the bad news came in March, I immediately reapplied and was placed UC for Albania. Last week, after speaking with the placement officer for Ukraine, I got the impression that departure would be this October. When I got the e-mail notifying me of my change in status from UC Albania to UC Ukraine, however, it said that departure would be 2016.
Balkandina, did your e-mail also say UC Q1 Ukraine? The Ukraine office is out on staff training this week, so I'm not expecting to hear from them, but it would be comforting to know if other people are experiencing similar anxieties to mine :(

Offline balkandina

• Leading Member
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 06:23:00 PM »
It did say UC Q1 Ukraine and I was also told it would be leaving in October. In fact they wanted me to confirm I could still leave Oct 15 , 2015.  Hmmm...

Offline severni_zazvor

• Posting Member
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 08:54:49 PM »
False alarm. I just got an email saying that 2016 was a typo.

Offline balkandina

• Leading Member
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2015, 11:59:30 AM »
That is both good and bad :P     I am an older possible volunteer and I am worried about getting the medical/dental done, since I have probably had longer medical history than younger folk .
I hope they do tell us soon if we are accepted . :)

Offline balkandina

• Leading Member
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2015, 08:22:31 PM »
Well, I received my invitation to Ukraine, Education Sector, leaving October 5 2015  :D Now to get moving on the paperwork!!

Offline severni_zazvor

• Posting Member
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2015, 06:11:31 AM »
Congratulations! I'm an education invitee, too!

Offline balkandina

• Leading Member
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2015, 11:22:47 PM »
Come join us on Facebook  :) Ukraine 48 October 2015  :D  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1614765595401835/?fref=ts