What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Help with raising money  (Read 2431 times)

Offline rashard2086

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: Applicant
Help with raising money
« on: May 03, 2015, 12:10:23 AM »
Hey everyone, I started a fundraising campaign for 'Peace Corps  Fund for Rashad'. Please tap to donate: gofundme.com/rashadfund
The link is on my Facebook page as well, (D Rashad warren) and I would love for you to share it with your friends and family :-)

I have started sending letters to the local churches and newspapers. I won't let something like dental clearance stand in my way of serving.  If you could, please take the time to look over my gofundme page.

Offline shawn g

• Leading Member
Re: Help with raising money
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 03:21:25 PM »
I assume that you got your dental exam from a private practice? If you haven't tried yet. I would go to a dental school if i were you. They charge a considerable amount less for the same type of work. You get a dental student and you'll have a dental professor or dentist who oversees the dental student who has years of experience being a dentist. So you're pretty much guaranteed good quality dental care in a dental school. Good luck. :)

Offline rashard2086

• Posting Member
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 03:39:31 PM »
There is one dental school in my state, and another in the state next to me, but both schools told me that I would have to wait until at least July because all of the students are graduating and I'll have to call at the end of the summer in order to set up an appt. I just hope I'll have enough time to get it all done :-(

Offline shawn g

• Leading Member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 05:12:20 PM »
well if you save up money now and are able to do multiple appts per week then you should be able to get it all done. It took me awhile to get it done but i was working full time so i was only able to go in like once per week. If you have a job, i'd save as much money as possible, and try to work as close to 40 hours a week. Keep in mind that you won't be paying that whole big lumpsum at once. You will only be paying for what is done on each appt.  It's not as scary that way.