What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Application Error  (Read 1696 times)

Offline amanda_pearl

• Forum Champion
  • Cambodia CHE 2016-2018
  • PC Status: Applicant
Application Error
« on: August 05, 2015, 01:28:03 PM »
I submitted my application yesterday, but when reviewing the confirmation, I noticed an error with my birthday (day is 03 instead of 30). This error needs to be resolved before I can complete my health history form. I've called my regional recruitment office, and they directed me to email application@peacecorps.gov. They also put a note in my file explaining why I might take longer than the two day deadline to complete the medical history.

I emailed the application address yesterday morning and still have not heard back. Soon it will be 2 business days. Does anyone here have experience with this email address and know the turn-around time to respond?

Thanks!

Offline Jeff

• Forum Hero
    • Doing it Twice
  • PC Status: RPCV
Re: Application Error
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 07:21:21 PM »
I haven't had to use that email address specifically, but in my experience emailing/calling/messaging Peace Corps for anything at all, it's always taken a few days or a week to get a response.

Although it can take a while, once they do contact me, they've (usually) been very helpful.  If you don't hear anything in another day or so, I'd call the recruitment office back and see what else they might suggest?  There's probably a phone number to leave a message at as well, though, again, in my experience, voicemails also take a while to hear back from.
Jeff
RPCV - Ghana, 03-05
PCV - Macedonia, 15-17

Offline amanda_pearl

• Forum Champion
  • Cambodia CHE 2016-2018
  • PC Status: Applicant
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 01:10:10 PM »
Thanks. Friday, and I still haven't gotten a response, so I contacted medical and they updated the medical system to allow me to complete the medical history. The main system still needs to be updated, but that is an issue for another day. =)

*Side note: the soft skills questionnaire is super annoying!

Offline Jeff

• Forum Hero
    • Doing it Twice
  • PC Status: RPCV
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 09:29:48 PM »
Glad you were able to proceed!  The process definitely can be very frustrating at times.  One time I was trying to get ahold of medical I kept getting switch around, then put on hold for about an hour, only to be finally transferred to a voicemail (that was never returned).  I was literally in the middle of the street and yelled.  Needless to say, I got some weird looks....

Thankfully, I applied about two weeks before they started the soft skills questionnaire, so I was able to avoid that!

Good luck with the process!
Jeff
RPCV - Ghana, 03-05
PCV - Macedonia, 15-17