What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Accepted but...  (Read 2196 times)

Offline mccarthy

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: Friend
Accepted but...
« on: September 30, 2015, 02:25:59 PM »
If I've been accepted and decline the offer will the Peace Corp accepted me in the future again or will this eliminate me forever? Things have come up that make it difficult to accept at this time.

Offline amanda_pearl

• Forum Champion
  • Cambodia CHE 2016-2018
  • PC Status: Applicant
Re: Accepted but...
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 01:14:59 PM »
From what I've heard, the reasons you give for declining the invitation are extremely important. If you decline and give no reason, for obvious reasons, they'd be reluctant to invite you a second time.

Previous applicants in this situation have said that PC asked them to write a statement when they reapplied about why they declined before, and why their situation is different. When you decline, tell them (in as much detail as you feel comfortable) why you feel the need to decline the invitation. When you reapply, repeat why you declined the previous invitation, and then express how your circumstances have changed. If you are clear with them, I don't see why this should hinder future service.

Offline Jeff

• Forum Hero
    • Doing it Twice
  • PC Status: RPCV
Re: Accepted but...
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 01:16:13 PM »
Based on my own experience, you can be accepted later, but you may be required to write a statement explaining why you declined previously and stating that you are ready to make the commitment now.  This is what I had to do when I reapplied about a year or so ago after declining in 2008....

I'm now in PST, so obviously it didn't stop me from getting an invite!
Jeff
RPCV - Ghana, 03-05
PCV - Macedonia, 15-17