What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Aspiration Statement: length?  (Read 2082 times)

Offline devourtheway

• Posting Member
    • Devour the Way
  • PC Status: Applicant
Aspiration Statement: length?
« on: November 14, 2015, 05:35:20 PM »
I've accepted my invitation, read through the position description and country handbook for my post, and am in the process of pulling all of the predeparture documents together. I know the current application/onboarding process is relatively new, but does anyone have a sense of how long PC wants the Aspiration Statement to be? The instructions don't specify a length, but do ask us to use the Motivation Statement from our initial application in generating the document; that had a 500 word limit, so I'm guessing they want something fairly brief, but then again the 5 points they ask for are more complex than the Motivation Statement parameters. Thoughts (or experiences)?

Offline jessi22

• Posting Member
Re: Aspiration Statement: length?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 04:59:47 PM »
I received my invite at the end of October, and my instructions did specify a length: no longer than 2 pages. You will find that you will have to hit right around that mark to answer the 5 questions sufficiently. At least if we are looking at the same instructions there should be five prompts A through E. You pretty much use your original motivational statement as a guide post, but are answering these questions now that you have many more specifics about where you are going, what you are doing, etc.

Check out this link for an example:

http://shellypc.blogspot.com/2013/03/aspiration-statement-resume.html

There are other PC blogs that posted theirs as well.

Hope this helps! Congrats on your invite!

Offline Jeff

• Forum Hero
    • Doing it Twice
  • PC Status: RPCV
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 10:59:36 AM »
I believe I saw that same limit - 2 pages!
Jeff
RPCV - Ghana, 03-05
PCV - Macedonia, 15-17

Offline devourtheway

• Posting Member
    • Devour the Way
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 09:30:52 PM »
Can't believe I missed that--saw it for the resume, completely failed to register it for the aspiration statement. Sorry, all. /o\