So I'm new to the site, but I have s couple questions after reading some other posts. I was placed under consideration for Ecuador 2016 (Health or YD sector) - I had to fill out 2 skill addendum's after I was places UC - not sure if thats good or bad. Anyhoo, I've been waiting for, what seems like forever, to hear back. The know by date is December 1st, and my PO said that I was still UC when I emailed her last week. I'm nervous that they are just waiting to hear back from everyone else that was accepted before reaching out to me. I know of 5 people who have already accepted positions, which makes me even more worried. Even though I am UC, I'm not sure if my qualifications will be enough. Comments? Suggestions?
Here is my background/qualifications:
- Bachelors in Communication Sciences/Disorders (Speech Therapy)
- Minor is Spanish, Advanced high school placement (8+ years)
- Masters in Recreational Therapy* ask for details
- Experience working with at risk-youth (4 months)
- Experience as Resident Assistant in college (2 years)
- Experience as Program Camp Counselor (2 summers)
- Experience as server/bartender/manager (10 years)
- Experience as recreational therapy/physical therapy assistant (1 year)
- Graduate Assistant for RT program (1 year) *plan, implement, evaluate programs
- First aid, CPR, AED certified and (state) CTRS licensure
- Rugby, tennis, and softball coach for college and high school level
I'm sure there is something I am missing, I just can't remember it right now.