What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Updating resume?  (Read 1832 times)

Offline oldmoviebuff

• Leading Member
  • PC Status: Applicant
Updating resume?
« on: December 04, 2015, 10:05:20 AM »
I know that we can contact our placement officers if we have any updates to our resumes while we're waiting to be interviewed or any other step in the application process, but does anyone know how I would go about doing it? Specifically, I was recently promoted in my job and I've started tutoring in English as well as other subjects. I haven't reached 30 hours yet, but will soon. I guess I really want to hear from anyone who has already done this sort of thing (updating with a placement officer) because I want to make sure that I'm doing it right, not sending to the wrong email, and sending the proper information, etc.

Offline amanda_pearl

• Forum Champion
  • Cambodia CHE 2016-2018
Re: Updating resume?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 01:21:44 PM »
I had to do this recently. First, upload your new resume to the application portal (Manage Your Account > Attachments > designate as updated resume). Next, contact the appropriate entity to make sure they know to check here for an updated resume. I attached my resume to this email, as well. The person you would contact depends on where you are in the application process.

- If you haven't been placed UC, contact your regional recruitment office.
- If you are UC, but havent received an interview, contact the country placement email, found at the bottom of your UC email (placementCOUNTRY@peacecorps.gov).
- If you've had an interview or scheduled an interview, contact the person you interviewed with or who contacted you (this person is your PO)

Let me know if you have any questions!

Offline oldmoviebuff

• Leading Member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 09:48:29 PM »
Awesome, and just a follow up. How should I put the volunteer tutoring hours on there, should I just let them know when I started? or how many I have so far? It's not a scheduled thing, I'm emailed what I'm supposed to look at, then I grade/respond/ give notes over skype or email. I might have a 2-4 hours done in a day or over a week so I'm not really sure how to officially document it

Offline amanda_pearl

• Forum Champion
  • Cambodia CHE 2016-2018
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 07:58:10 AM »
I listed approximate (month,year) start/end dates for both employment and volunteer experience, and then I listed cumulative hours for the volunteer experiences. From speaking with a recruiter, number of total hours is an important thing to include.