What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: UC for location not in top choices  (Read 1424 times)

Offline owen.alis

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: Applicant
UC for location not in top choices
« on: December 09, 2015, 05:14:35 PM »
So, after I was waitlisted at he end of November, I was encouraged to reapply right away because there may be another program that is more appropriate to my skill set. My top choices were: Philippenes, Botswana, and Nicaragua. However, I was placed under consideration for Dominican Republic in less than 2 weeks time. Does this usually happen? Getting an under consideration from outside your three choices?

Offline amanda_pearl

• Forum Champion
  • Cambodia CHE 2016-2018
Re: UC for location not in top choices
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 08:34:49 AM »
I'm sorry you're disappointed with your UC country. Usually when a person is UC for something they didn't want, they put "go anywhere" as an option. In fact, I've heard of people being rejected because they weren't a good fit for any of the 3 specific countries they selected.

This could have been an oversight by Placement, but it is also possible that you weren't competitive in the other positions, so they placed you in DR to give you an opportunity to serve elsewhere. It wouldn't hurt to email Placement to ask why you were placed in DR instead of one of your three listed choices, but you'll probably get a spiel about how PC values flexibility.

Offline owen.alis

• Posting Member
Re: UC for location not in top choices
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 08:18:55 PM »
I'm not at all disappointed! It was just surprising. I heard that they place you based on your top choices, but I hadn't been placed in any of the three. I'm still very excited. Just looking to see if anyone else has had a similar experience! :)