What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Timeline  (Read 1940 times)

Offline mrbearhug

• Forum Champion
  • PC Status: Applicant
Timeline
« on: January 04, 2016, 11:34:27 AM »
Thought i would share my Peace Corp application timeline (so far):

Applied then next day:
14-Dec-2015 - Two important steps email  - Select sites. medical questions, and a task of prioritizes was is important and not very important to you - takes some thought so don't rush (completed same day)
15-Dec-2015 - Assignment conformation email (sites selected)
23-Dec-2015 - Email received - Under Consideration for Macedonia 9/16

Now waiting for interview (hopefully) - Know by date is Mar 1st

Will update as things progress.....

Offline chickster

• Posting Member
    • I Don't Wear Skinny Jeans
Re: Timeline
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 12:08:26 PM »
Any updates? I just applied for CED in Paraguay, and am trying to  get a feel for how long it takes them to contact you.

Offline mrbearhug

• Forum Champion
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 01:15:20 PM »
Nothing back on Macedonia but got an interview and invite with Peace Corps Response - Rwanda. It appears that might close out Macedonia application but not sure. I accepted the invite then about week later the site told PO they needed someone with high level programming experience and degree IT. (have education degree with high level IT skills but was not enough) So PO gave another interview with a different project in same country. Now waiting to if this site will take me. (teaching at a university) - If that works great - if not still a invite person without project but PO said she find me something down road or might be invited to serve in Alaska (US Peace Corps Vista Project)

Wish you best -  if have 5 - 10 yrs of work experience encourage to look at Peace Corps Response -  they do things much faster (after completing application was UC in one day and had interview within two weeks)

Offline mrbearhug

• Forum Champion
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 02:25:27 PM »
By way forgot to mention my Reg Peace Corps job title switch from Macedonia (Sept 2016) to Peace Corps Volunteer? Not sure what that means but could of happen when I was invited to Rwanda with Peace Corps Response. (since application appears to still be active cannot apply at this time for future Reg Peace Corps positions)

Offline mrbearhug

• Forum Champion
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 03:03:57 PM »
Maybe that way the whole time - really not sure but still wonder if Peace Corps Response imvite had any effect on my reg Peace Corps application.

Offline amanda_pearl

• Forum Champion
  • Cambodia CHE 2016-2018
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 10:38:13 AM »
In the PC application portal, the job title for a regular PC volunteer applicant always says "Peace Corps Volunteer," because that's the job you're applying for.

See here: http://imgur.com/SBhXWG5

The part that changes is the HR Status. When you first finish your application, it says "Application under review," After the interview it says "Interview complete: additional assessment," and then it stays that way until you're invited (or not). It seems possible that your invite to PCR affected your Macedonia application, but the only way you'll know for sure is to contact the PO for the Macedonia position.