What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Interview Request  (Read 8235 times)

Offline owen.alis

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: Applicant
Interview Request
« on: January 08, 2016, 09:47:14 PM »
Hi Friends!

I was recently sent an interview request :)!!! My question however is, how many applicants that receive interviews are actually invited to serve? Do they only interview the candidates they feel would be most qualified right away and then wait for their acceptances before moving on to other interviews?

Offline mrbearhug

• Forum Champion
Re: Interview Request
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 10:27:49 PM »
That is good question - see someone responds. Still waiting for interview. When did you apply and receive UC for your country? Been waiting about 15 days since being placed UC.

Offline mrbearhug

• Forum Champion
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 10:31:57 PM »
Also have 4 rapid response applications submitted -  2 UC same day

Offline owen.alis

• Posting Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 06:48:01 AM »
I applied right after thanksgiving. Was out under consideration about a week and a half later. The apply by date for my program was Jan 1. Two days ago I got a request to interview. So from the time of UC to the time of interview request it was a little less than a month

Offline mrbearhug

• Forum Champion
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 08:50:09 AM »
That is helpful. UC Dec 23 so maybe get an interview around the 3rd week of JAN (hopefully)

Offline PCVolunteer

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: PCV
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 09:28:30 AM »
The process is different for everyone applicant and trying to figure out a trend is only going to make you go crazy, because there isn't one. The number of interviews will depend on the number of invitations that are available, but from speaking with someone within the PC agency statistically they will interview 3-4 people for a single position. This can obviously vary by program.

Offline mrbearhug

• Forum Champion
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 10:46:11 AM »
So in my case (17 positions) they would prob interview around 70 people

Offline Jeff

• Forum Hero
    • Doing it Twice
  • PC Status: RPCV
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2016, 12:57:54 PM »
As PCVolunteer said, it really does vary by position and, maybe even more importantly, by placement officer.  PC is one agency/service for which any generalizations really can't actually be applied across the board.

And keep in mind that PC Response (known as PCRVs) and being a PC Volunteer (PCVs) are two very different things in many ways, and separate and distinct processes.  So generalizations across those are pretty much impossible!

Anyway, when I went through I was told about 2 per position were interviewed, give or take.
Jeff
RPCV - Ghana, 03-05
PCV - Macedonia, 15-17

Offline mrbearhug

• Forum Champion
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2016, 10:11:55 PM »
Worth noting if interested -  It appears you can only apply one time for Peace Corp (3 choices) until you are accepted or rejected (unless setup a different account)

With Peace Corp Reponse you apply for as many available projects you feel qualfied for daily or weekly. ( do not have to wait for acceptance or rejection)

Both processes are different (got same or next day UC on rapid response apps.... reg peace corp it was about a week for UC)

Offline amanda_pearl

• Forum Champion
  • Cambodia CHE 2016-2018
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 08:29:33 AM »
  It appears you can only apply one time for Peace Corp (3 choices) until you are accepted or rejected (unless setup a different account)

Yes, you can only have one active application for traditional PC service at a time, but over half of all applicants leave one of their choices as "go anywhere" and/or "do anything,"
 so they are initially being considered for more than just three positions.

Offline mrbearhug

• Forum Champion
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2016, 09:21:44 AM »
Yes looking back now I prob should put down  "go anywhere" option (just put two country options figured I would qualified for) Got UC for one of those countries ( wanted to go back an select  "go anywhere" but not option now)

Offline mrbearhug

• Forum Champion
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2016, 11:44:34 AM »
Just an email today to rank my rapid response applications. Must be getting ready to start interview process. See what happens.

Offline mrbearhug

• Forum Champion
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2016, 11:55:42 AM »
Email back PO for rapid response to get update on my applications. Wow -  that worked on well. PO sent update on all projects (invited someone else, getting to invite someone.and even told if apply for another project would get a interview. I did - got interview setup request email same day - wow. I figured this one project must not of got many applicants. Waiting to hear on date/time -  excited to get a interview. ( If have applied for rapid response project email your PO  - It helped me)

Now going to email reg Peace Corp PO to see if I get a response.

Offline mrbearhug

• Forum Champion
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2016, 01:35:03 PM »
Yeah!!! Got an interview scheduled for rapid response project on Friday (Jan 15)

If have professional work experience (10 yrs+) apply for rapid response program. I have found they respond quickly to application and emails.  (over reg Peace Corp)

Will send an update after Fri interview  :D 8)

Offline mrbearhug

• Forum Champion
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2016, 12:06:50 PM »
Interviews request are starting to come in. Got a interview for Tribal Colleges and Universities/VISTA (TCU/VISTA) Leader project in 30 mins.

Peace Corp Rapid Response interview on Friday.

I am looking at all Peace Corp and Vista (US Peace Corp) opportunties.