What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: UC Tonga  (Read 949 times)

Offline wgl1993

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: Applicant
UC Tonga
« on: January 25, 2016, 11:54:05 AM »
Hi everyone, I was placed UC for Tonga back in December and have not heard anything since then. I want to know if anybody has been invited to interview yet or has been invited to serve. Thanks!

Offline wgl1993

• Posting Member
Re: UC Tonga
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 11:58:07 AM »
Also, my HR status changed from "Forms Received" to "Application Under Review" about a week ago. Does everybody get this status or just the candidates that will be interviewed. The whole process has me stressed out, any info would be appreciated.

Offline mrbearhug

• Forum Champion
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 01:16:05 PM »
I place UC for Macedonia on Dec 23 - no further update as Jan 25 - even emailed PO -  Still under UC

But....

I also applied for Peace Corp Response - got UC same or next for several projects (yeah apply you several projects). After emailing PO was told that invites were being sent for projects I applied for..but if applied for other project would an interview. Interviewed two days later and following week was invited to Rwanda 12 Month project (wow went very fast). Now scheduling out my medical clearance tasks (alot stuff to do in short amount time  - 30 days)

Would say if qualified for Peace Corp Response apply (seems are far less people that do apply compared reg Peace Corp) - It worked for me - this should easier to get into Peace Corp in the future.

Offline Jeff

• Forum Hero
    • Doing it Twice
  • PC Status: RPCV
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 01:29:05 PM »
Keep in mind that aside from the requirements being different (RPCV or years of experience), so are the benefits...so if you are doing it for NCE or other purposes that require the "RPCV" status, PC Response positions don't give that, unless you do a Response assignment for two consecutive years, or do Response directly from regular PC service....

As for your question, the whole process is basically a waiting game - some lucky few don't have to wait that long, others do.  You may have heard this before, but it really is a "it depends" situation.  Some people are interviewed right away, others wait until the last minute right before the know-by date.

Some, unfortunately are not interviewed at all.  This is not that uncommon, and many people now go through the process two or three times before finally getting that invite!

That being said, keep volunteering and gaining experience, and make sure you are letting the PO know when you do something new.  It really does help.  Under review (in my experience) means just that - they're looking at your file.  No idea if everyone under consideration gets that or not, but it wouldn't surprise me if they do, as obviously they have to consider you if they want to make a decision one way or another.

Good luck, and hopefully you'll get that interview!
Jeff
RPCV - Ghana, 03-05
PCV - Macedonia, 15-17