What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: After interview jitters  (Read 1154 times)

Offline oldmoviebuff

• Leading Member
  • PC Status: Applicant
After interview jitters
« on: February 03, 2016, 10:15:34 AM »
So this is just another one of those where I'm just looking for reassurance. I had my interview the week before New Years and felt pretty good about it (But lord only knows how accurately my brain is allowing me to remember it). If you haven't seen my other post, my know by date is March 1st for Ukraine leaving in September of this year. I know that my references got their stuff in within 48 hours of the interview (I made sure of it) so it's been the fun old waiting game since then. But, seeing as how I'm less than I month out and still haven't heard anything, I just wanted to see if anyone had any insight on this.

I know that some people have been contacted almost immediately, while others didn't hear until the day before, accepted or otherwise. I wanted to know, if it was an outright "No" they would've told me already right? Like if it's taking them longer to get back to you, does that mean they're debating or seeing how others play out before they get into contact? What I think I'm trying to say is that if I had totally bombed the interview or was a far cry from what they were looking for, they would have told me right off, correct? Is the fact that I still haven't heard anything yet a good thing? That they're still considering me in "yes","no" or "waitlisting"?

Offline amanda_pearl

• Forum Champion
  • Cambodia CHE 2016-2018
Re: After interview jitters
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 10:28:48 AM »
From what I've heard, they don't generally send out "rejections" until the Know-by date - unless you weren't minimally qualified for any positions, or a big red flag (like a legal issue) presented itself. I waited nearly three months between my interview and invite, although I interviewed pretty early. You interviewed just as the application deadline was closing, so I imagine your PO is still very busy interviewing and assessing candidates. Unfortunately there is no way to know whether it is a good/bad thing.

Offline rosie.bosse

• Posting Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 04:10:43 PM »
Hi!

I'm actually interviewing for a position in Ukraine tomorrow and was wondering which position you are under consideration for?

Offline oldmoviebuff

• Leading Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 05:01:51 PM »
If I get in, I will be under Education and teaching Secondary English, yourself?