What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: changed address  (Read 1828 times)

Offline oldmoviebuff

• Leading Member
  • PC Status: Applicant
changed address
« on: February 29, 2016, 12:28:18 PM »
So I just moved back to my home state and changed my resume on the website to reflect my new address. Do I need to do anything else, like email my placement officer? I'm not sure if it would matter or not as my know by date is tomorrow, and I don't know what if any impact it would carry. I'm sure that if I make it in (fingers crossed) they would need to know, but if I don't would it matter?

Also, since they're obviously waiting until the last minute to tell us (or maybe just me) what does the "know by" date really mean? If it's March 1st, does that mean I have to know today or does it mean they have to tell me between now and tomorrow? Since it's down to the wire, I've been compulsively checking every hour, and can't wait for this to be over.

Offline amanda_pearl

• Forum Champion
  • Cambodia CHE 2016-2018
Re: changed address
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 01:56:38 PM »
Did you update your address on the application portal under Manage Your Account > Contact Information? This is what they use for most official purposes. They aren't going to look at your resume for contact info.

The Know-By means they'll tell you one way or another at some point today. Some applicants have been told that if an invitee pulls out within the week or so after the Know-By, individuals who received rejections may be contacted. Apparently they've done away with the waitlist for this application cycle.

Offline oldmoviebuff

• Leading Member
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 02:04:44 PM »
Thanks for the advice and I just changed the location info. And I wanted to know about the know by date because I had a concern with my interview email. I think I got it a week late or something. I ended up getting it on a Wednesday and as it's a first come first serve thing, I immediately followed the link to save a interview spot and found only a few spots left. There and been openings from two weeks prior the end of the week that I had been contacted which made me wonder if I was supposed to be emailed sooner. If that was the case, I'm wondering if that may have happened now, but I haven't heard from anyone else that they had heard back either so who knows. If tomorrow passes and I still haven't heard, I'm going to email my placement officer to find out.

Also, you said one way or another, does that mean they may try and call? Or would it be email, just need to know if I have to be glued to my phone as well. And thank you so much for putting up with all my questions, I'm just getting super nervous.

Offline amanda_pearl

• Forum Champion
  • Cambodia CHE 2016-2018
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 02:13:35 PM »
Interviews are scheduled using an online poll, which does show slots that were available prior to your request, because it uses the same link for all applicants who interview with your PO. There's no reason to believe the email was delayed.

Your notification (invite/rejection) will be sent via email, but you can check your application status ("Check Your Status") and communication history ("Communications") through the applicant portal if you're concerned that you might have missed an email.

Offline oldmoviebuff

• Leading Member
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 02:20:58 PM »
Again, thank you. I'm close to pulling my hair out but at least it will be over soon, for better or for worse. It doesn't help that my mom and everyone I know keep asking if I've heard back yet or not.
"Have you received a phone call of me screaming at the top of my lungs?"
"No"
"Then I guess I haven't heard back yet"
*rinse and repeat for the past 2 months*

Offline Jeff

• Forum Hero
    • Doing it Twice
  • PC Status: RPCV
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 03:30:04 AM »
Sort of hijacking this thread as Amanda already answered the main question - but just curious where you heard that there's no waitlist?

We were told a week or so ago in country that there will be X number of invites and X number of waitlist invites going out for this staging group for our country (know-by date also today)....

Granted, this is not PCHQ, but curious!!!
Jeff
RPCV - Ghana, 03-05
PCV - Macedonia, 15-17

Offline amanda_pearl

• Forum Champion
  • Cambodia CHE 2016-2018
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 07:25:22 AM »
I've heard from three different applicants that they asked their POs about the logistics about waitlists, and they were told it was being discontinued for this cycle. I know when I interviewed back in September for my placement (know-by today) and he asked whether I'd be willing to accept a waitlist invitation, but that was a while ago. I haven't heard of anyone getting waitlisted this cycle, either.

Offline Jeff

• Forum Hero
    • Doing it Twice
  • PC Status: RPCV
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2016, 07:49:05 AM »
That's interesting - not a bad change, but I think the in country staff here still expect waitlisters - they were told they'll be around 70 invites - 55-60 or so regular and the rest waitlist....supposedly told that within the last 2 weeks.

Wonder if it's country or region specific?
Jeff
RPCV - Ghana, 03-05
PCV - Macedonia, 15-17

Offline amanda_pearl

• Forum Champion
  • Cambodia CHE 2016-2018
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2016, 08:32:54 AM »
Here's a link on the PC reddit where a recruiter chimed in and said the waitlist was discontinued as of January.

https://www.reddit.com/r/peacecorps/comments/483glu/if_waitlisted_can_you_reapply/