What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: The restless wait from interview to invitation..  (Read 2431 times)

Offline talofa

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: Applicant
The restless wait from interview to invitation..
« on: April 07, 2016, 12:46:43 PM »
Hey all, this is my first post on the PCF. I am an applicant for Samoa, departing October 2016.

I made it all the way through the interview process and I've been waiting since late March (only about 2 weeks ago, actually), but I'm getting super restless! Our application deadline was for April 1st, but I heard that (at least one) invitation has gone out before then! The position I'm applying for is English Resource Teacher and I am exceedingly confident that this is my next chapter in life--but then again, who are we do decide? Sometimes, life has its own agenda.

Anyhow. I have been working in the Education sector for the past 6-7 years. I have been a volunteer, who eventually became the Director of an after-school youth community program I was volunteering for in the West Side of Chicago. After leaving there, I worked in Chicago Public Schools through a non-profit where I co-taught reading/language arts as well as tutor ELL students. I also coordinated all the recess activities, coached girls basketball, and put on community field days. Now, I work in Chicago Public Schools, keeping the same duties I had as a Coordinator for the non-prof, but I'm also the technology coordinator at our school. I've built up years of experience leading up to my POTENTIAL peace corps endeavor, but the waiting is getting to me! For some reason, I feel really disempowered and I guess to put it simply, I'm doubting myself a lot! I feel like I've been "passed up." Anyone else feeling this way? I guess I'm just looking for people to let me know I'm not going crazy.

I completely trust the process and if I don't get the invite, I'll be at peace knowing it simply isn't my time to go, but I'm really really hoping that an invite gets sent my way.

Thanks, everyone!

Offline Ksorelle

• Posting Member
Re: The restless wait from interview to invitation..
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 11:38:33 AM »
You are not alone!! :) I have felt this way for over a month now. I applied on February 24, interviewed on March 11, and now my application status reads: 'interview complete; additional assessment'. So, of course I have no clue what that means or how much longer I have to wait. The deadline to apply for the job I am being considered for is July 1, so I may have awhile left! Just be patient and remember that it's out of your control at this point, and you have done everything you can at this point. Good luck!!

Offline JessicaLeigh

• Posting Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 04:29:12 PM »
So hard waiting. Good luck and keep us updated!

Marissa Lee

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 02:39:36 PM »
Any update?

Offline tweedle

• Posting Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 01:06:43 PM »
Just wondering if there was any update?

I myself completed my interview on June 3rd, and my submission status now reads the same. I did receive an email from the legal team last week about receiving the legal kit in anticipation for possibly getting an invitation. Anyone else in the same boat?

Offline KVinduska

• Posting Member
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 08:12:25 PM »
I interviewed September 23 and am waiting for their decision on placement to Eastern Caribbean for Primary Education Teacher Trainer.  The information says I will know by December 1.  I'm thinking I will hear by the end of October based on that I applied August 9 and on August 24 was selected for interview.  For sure, I will know one way or the other by December 1, their information says.  I'm good either way because I'm 73 and retired and happy.

Offline mksOakland

• Posting Member
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 04:42:50 PM »
I'm right there with you.

PCV Applicant for the Philippines leaving June 30th, 2017. I had originally applied for all three of the programs in the Philippines and had been placed UC and interviewed for the Secondary Education position.  I applied November 14th and interviewed February 9th. I then received the fingerprint legal kit which was post marked for February 10th. Hasn't even been a week but I am so consumed with excitement and nerves. I have been checking my email like crazy; on the website it just says "interviewed completed- additional assessment"

I've seen that a there is already a FB page with about 70 volunteers for batch 276 for the Philippines and it only got me more nervous. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Anyone is the same boat?

Teresita Gonzales

« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 04:55:52 AM »
Hi, I am one of the invitees for Philippines, education sector. I am still waiting for my medical clearance. What is your status now? I would love to communicate with you. Thanks.