What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Not Enough Recruits!!  (Read 1232 times)

Offline Ksorelle

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: Applicant
Not Enough Recruits!!
« on: May 12, 2016, 01:52:34 PM »
Does anyone know if a single country does not get enough people to want to go there, would they nix that program for the year and send the few people they did have to a different program or country?

Does this questions make sense??  I feel like I am the only person who is being considered for South Africa.  Lol.  Where is everyone?

Offline JessicaLeigh

• Posting Member
Re: Not Enough Recruits!!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 05:23:51 PM »
Dear Ksorelle,

I think I saw your post on reddit about S. Africa invites. I hope you find some great folks who are under consideration or invited to serve in S. Africa! Hang in there. I'm sure you'll connect with others soon.

best,
Jessica

Offline amanda_pearl

• Forum Champion
  • Cambodia CHE 2016-2018
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 07:24:04 AM »
There are A LOT of applicants who indicate they're willing to go anywhere, so those people are filtered into the countries without as much specified interest. Last year they had 23,000 applicants for less than 4,000 positions, so there is no reason they wouldn't be able to fill a group. South Africa is also a regional medical hub, so many applicants with medical issues end up being placed there. South Africa also has an application deadline of July 1st, so many of the people who will be under consideration likely haven't even applied yet. Lots of applicants don't hang out on the message boards either.

Offline Ksorelle

• Posting Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 01:33:53 PM »
Amanda, thank you for some peace of mind. I guess I am a little anxious and very excited! :) I'm going to a PC networking event tomorrow night so maybe I will meet someone there.  Good luck in Cambodia! My best friend is in China now as a PCV and she loves that area of the world.

- Katie