What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Peace Corps Recruiter Vacancy  (Read 1313 times)

Offline babyspock84

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: RPCV
Peace Corps Recruiter Vacancy
« on: May 31, 2016, 06:30:03 PM »
I have receive numerous emails regarding my submission of the Peace Corps Recruiter position. I have a few questions:

1. How long will it take between submission of application and referral interview? That is, what is the timeline? ( I submitted my application at the end of April this year.)

2. When does the job start?

3. Is NCE required? ( I am also a recent graduate, so will that count?)

4. The vacancy says FEW vacancies in 65 locations, but how many exactly are in each location?

Offline amanda_pearl

• Forum Champion
  • Cambodia CHE 2016-2018
  • PC Status: Applicant
Re: Peace Corps Recruiter Vacancy
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 08:17:36 AM »
This is not an official forum to contact PC. We are a community of volunteers (past/present/future), although some have been employed by PC at some point. As far as NCE goes, it isn't probably isn't required, but these positions tend to be filled by RPCVs. If you're a recent grad, you likely aren't an RPCV... Some recruiters are stationed alone, so there would be one at a post. However, in regional recruitment offices, there may be several recruiters stationed alone, all serving different areas.

Babyspock

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 12:02:21 PM »
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I served in Ukraine from 2011-2013.

Offline amanda_pearl

• Forum Champion
  • Cambodia CHE 2016-2018
  • PC Status: Applicant
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 01:51:17 PM »
If you started school during your initial year of NCE and you just graduated, you may qualify for your status to be extended. NCE can be extended to up to three years if you were a student.