What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Shipping out legal kit..  (Read 1004 times)

Offline gabby10

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: Applicant
Shipping out legal kit..
« on: June 18, 2016, 12:40:10 PM »
I applied for Senegal back in March for departure in March of 2017...I had my interview in April...I have not heard anything since until two days ago. They said they were shipping out my legal kit so if I got invited I could send it back. Does this mean that I have been nominated? I just haven't heard anything and was a little confused why they would send that out if I haven't heard back from anyone yet. I am just not sure if I should get excited yet. I really need a peace of mind lol

yellowmoonbeam

Re: Shipping out legal kit..
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 12:22:02 PM »
Nominations don't happen anymore... your next step after interview would be an invitation! Your e-mail, like most peoples, probably said "if you receive an invitation" -- if you haven't already been invited.

They are sending the legal kits out to everyone this time around just in case. So receiving the legal kit and that e-mail don't mean you're invited until you actually receive the invitation e-mail!

I freaked out when I first got the notice of the legal kit as well... turns out not to be quite as exciting ):

Offline gabby10

• Posting Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 04:01:40 PM »
Why would they give false hope like that  :-\ they should let the invites go out then send those out. Well hopefully I hear back soon.

Offline v0605

• Posting Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 08:06:42 AM »
Apparently, there had been issues with people not getting legally cleared in time so this is just to make sure that every possible invitee has their legal kit ahead of time and can start it right away once they're invited

Offline amanda_pearl

• Forum Champion
  • Cambodia CHE 2016-2018
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 10:09:51 AM »
They've had issues in the past with people not getting legally/medically cleared, which meant programs didn't get all the volunteers they requested. They tried waiting lists last year, but that didn't meet their needs. This seems to be another attempt at making sure they can determine who is cleared quickly, so they can ensure they have enough volunteers. They were careful to say "IF you are invited" specifically so they didn't create false hope.