What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Jul-Sep 2017 Departures  (Read 3393 times)

Offline omnombroccoli

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: Applicant
Jul-Sep 2017 Departures
« on: September 02, 2016, 05:35:45 PM »
I'm making this topic generic because I'm mostly looking for some company during the long, grueling wait ahead.

Has anyone had any updates (UC/interviews/invites/rejections) for positions departing July, August, September 2017?

ACS

Re: Sep 2017 Departures
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 06:40:39 PM »
UC for Paraguay Sep 28....then radio silence. I have heard that some people are beginning to get interview requests

Offline hannahane

• Posting Member
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 09:20:56 AM »
Im actually UC for Tonga which departs in Aug 2017 and I've heard nothing as well since being placed UC in mid-Oct. Super nerve-racking being no one else seems to have gotten Tonga, so I never see any updates with other ppl!

This election result is making me nervous though b/c it's causing people to look more at the peace corps. Just type 'Peace Corps' into Twitter search and it's like everyone and their momma is trying or recently applied after the election result. SUPER annoying and I would hate for it to elongate this process of waiting that we've been in. End rant! lol

Offline DanMiranda

• Posting Member
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 02:11:00 PM »
I am also going crazy with the wait and starting to get worried.  I submitted on 10/21 for Morocco, Ukraine, and Macedonia in Youth Dev and Education Sector departing in September 2017.  Its been almost a month and I still haven't even been put UC.  Ugh...now all I can think of is how devastating it would be if it doesn't happen.  But...if it does, anyone going to Morocco?

Offline HopefulMillennial

• Posting Member
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 10:56:14 AM »
I applied for Ukraine for Education as well. I think that based on my qualifications, if they choose to look further into my application, that's the program that I'll be looked at for. I'm also going on a month of anxiety and radio silence as well but like my name, I'm hopeful that everything will work out and this is just a lesson that patience really is a virtue. :)

Offline omnombroccoli

• Posting Member
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 09:02:17 PM »
There's been some progress since I made this thread!  My update is,

Interview Request - November 9

And I recently finished that interview, so now I wait.  I don't expect to hear anything before January 1, but the anxiety will begin setting in shortly after that...

Offline mweath11

• Posting Member
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 04:49:12 PM »
I have an interview for Agriculture in Senegal next Wednesday, November 30th! So I'm feeling pretty excited for that, then to hopefully leave next September!

Offline bterry3

• Posting Member
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2016, 04:03:44 PM »
Applied mid-November and heard back right before Thanksgiving that I am UC for Rwanda leaving September 2017. It's a nerve-wracking time!

Offline HopefulMillennial

• Posting Member
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 07:21:43 AM »
@omnombroccoli: What country did you interview for?

Offline omnombroccoli

• Posting Member
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2016, 04:27:20 PM »
@omnombroccoli: What country did you interview for?
Lesotho.

I actually put Macedonia and Ukraine as well, but I know those countries are much more popular, so I'm not surprised.

Out of pure curiosity, may I ask what everyone's qualifications are, roughly speaking?

I'm pretty qualified for ESL--five years teaching abroad and TEFL certified--but that's not even what I interviewed for, haha, so we'll see.

Offline M.A.C

• Tanzania July '17 Applicant
  • Posting Member
Re: Jul-Sep 2017 Departures
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2016, 08:56:55 AM »
Hey gang,
UC for education sector in Tanzania July'17.
My interview is in 7 days, but who's counting!!!! ( :o :'()

Anyone applying from abroad? I am applying from Morocco and worried (in case I am invited) that I might have trouble with the medical clearance. I think i'll visit the embassy for english speaking doctors' contacts..

Offline DanMiranda

• Posting Member
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2016, 01:33:37 PM »
Applied Oct 21 and just got placed UC Morocco Sept 2017 today. Hopefully interview request doesnt take as long. Anyway, so so glad to finally at least be UC for my first choice!  Anyone else UC or better for Morocco Sept2017?

Offline mckparis

• Posting Member
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2016, 09:00:27 PM »
So glad I found this forum and this topic! For the person a few above, I too am UC for Tonga. I oddly received another email recently asking for specifics regarding my skills, but I haven't heard anything since (its been about two weeks since then), but I guess that's progress in the Peace Corps world.

Its been such a long and discouraging wait. It's so hard to sit and be patient without feeling paranoid about where you stand or if you application is in the reject pile and no ones telling you  :-\ . If that is the case, I wish the Corps was more 'on it' and let people know so we could resubmit another application elsewhere. Hoooi! My nerves!

Offline omnombroccoli

• Posting Member
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2016, 10:45:32 PM »
I got an invite today.  Be patient, guys-- it took over two months from application to interview, and then a month and a half more to invite.  Also, they are still accepting applications, so there is tons of time left for good news to come your way.

(And, if you don't make it, focus on making yourself even more competitive for the next round!)

Offline AspiringWorld_USC

• Posting Member
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2016, 11:13:39 PM »
Anyone else UC for Sierra Leone? My interview is this Wednesday and I am deathly nervous.