What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Travelling before mission- are there rules about this?  (Read 132 times)

Offline Nat

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: PCV
Travelling before mission- are there rules about this?
« on: January 15, 2017, 10:19:12 AM »
Hi All,

I just have a quick question as I cannot seem to find any information on this matter online or in all the documents I have received.
Are you allowed to go travelling before moving out for your mission?

Some quick info on my current situation; start date would first be at the start of June in Madagascar, I currently live in Europe so I cannot really do much about that. I have sent off all necessary documents for passports, visa, legal clearance and medical checks etc. I have been planning for a while to travel around South America for two months, but I thought it would be best to check if I am allowed to travel during this waiting period or not.

Does anyone have any advice?

Many thanks!!
Natalie

Offline koji

• Forum Hero
    • Transitions in the East
  • PC Status: RPCV
Re: Travelling before mission- are there rules about this?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 10:34:28 AM »
There are no restrictions on travelling before your service, as long as you are able to get to your staging on time. The only issue I would see is that PC pays for your travel to staging... but from your home of record, so if you want them to pay for your flight to staging, you would have to leave from wherever your home of record is.

Offline Nat

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: PCV
Re: Travelling before mission- are there rules about this?
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 11:17:27 AM »
There are no restrictions on travelling before your service, as long as you are able to get to your staging on time. The only issue I would see is that PC pays for your travel to staging... but from your home of record, so if you want them to pay for your flight to staging, you would have to leave from wherever your home of record is.

Hi Koji,

Thank you so much for the information! That's great news!
I was planning to be back home for at least a month before I'd need to fly out for service, so this should all hopefully work out perfectly then.

All the best! :)