What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Contacts  (Read 315 times)

Offline ManzoTheSaw

• Posting Member
  • PC Status: Applicant
Contacts
« on: March 28, 2017, 03:24:15 PM »
Hey guys,

I am just now starting the application process, I currently am working as a software engineer and listed my company on my resume. I dont want peace corps to contact my company because I feel like that would create static between my boss and I. How should I handle this?

Offline RandomlyActive

• Posting Member
Re: Contacts
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 08:59:19 AM »
Even if you do nothing, there probably wouldn't be any contact for months and months.  Specifically, it is my understanding that third parties are not contacted until quite a ways into the process, i.e. after an applicant is selected to be "under consideration", also makes the cut to be interviewed, and then passes the interview as well.  Only then does PC begin to check references.  If this is accurate, your secret is probably good for months, not just days or weeks....and you'll have several opportunities to ask recruiters/placement people how to handle the situation before then.  In the meantime, I'd be honest and not worry about it.

I have gleamed the above routine from reading various blogs, this site, Reddit, etc.  If I'm wrong, hopefully an admin-type will wade in and offer up more info. 

Best of luck. 

Offline ManzoTheSaw

• Posting Member
Re: Contacts
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 02:47:40 PM »
I understand they will contact references which is excellent. My question is will they contact my job under my work experience, should I disclose my company's phone number? Thanks a ton for your time!