What are you waiting for, register to join now (it's free): CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Better World Books  (Read 2174 times)

Offline Gilligan47

• Posting Member
    • Facebook
  • PC Status: PCV
Better World Books
« on: December 03, 2013, 01:45:50 AM »
Hey all,

I am a Teacher Trainer PCV in Ethiopia. I am in my second year and things are going great. I have my own classroom that people visit on occasion. The one downside it there aren't many books in my town (I am sure you all know how that goes) So for all you PCV's out there trying to build a library at your school, Better World Books has used books for sell and free delivery worldwide. I made a list of books on my facebook and asked friends and family to mail me books and its been amazing the response I have gotten.

RPCV's, if you would like to help a volunteer out, I still have a lot of books I would love to acquire and any help would be amazing.

Here is the link to my note for any PCV who wants a pretty intensive list of children's books (you an just copy and paste the whole thing than make any changes you want such as your address instead of mine)
Or for any RPCV's with a few extra bucks who would like to help a girl out.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/mellissa-chislom/better-world-books/10151976003594749

THANKS,

Mellissa M. Chislom
PCV
Debark, Ethiopia

Offline cdillon8769

• Forum Champion
  • Be the change you want to see
  • PC Status: Applicant
Re: Better World Books
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 08:56:07 AM »
I will pass the word around!
Caroline
Invitee: Lesotho, Africa June 2014

"The ones crazy enough to believe that they can change the world, do" Steve Jobs

Offline Gilligan47

• Posting Member
    • Facebook
  • PC Status: PCV
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 03:47:19 AM »
Thanks Caroline! Good luck with your application. If you get accepted as any kind of teacher this is a wonderful project and I highly recommend doing it. If you do and I am stateside I will gladly send a few books your way. I love everything books and I love everything Peace Corps.

Offline cdillon8769

• Forum Champion
  • Be the change you want to see
  • PC Status: Applicant
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 11:27:54 AM »
Gillian: Thanks just received placement questionaire, I will keep you posted would love to do something like this!
Caroline
Invitee: Lesotho, Africa June 2014

"The ones crazy enough to believe that they can change the world, do" Steve Jobs

Offline koji

• Forum Hero
    • Transitions in the East
  • PC Status: RPCV
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 11:34:38 AM »
Another place to look to build a library is Darien Book Aid. They send a medium sized box of books to PCVs to help build libraries. Although you do not get to select the books you do get to say what kinds of books your site is interested in (childrens, how-tos etc). I worked with them and my site really enjoyed the books they got from them.